Friday, June 11, 2004

My "Summer" job starts next Monday morning - I'll be running a program that teaches little kids how to swim. Even though the kids don't show up until Monday, I've been sweating away (literally, my office has neither windows OR air conditioning) getting ready for it to start. Naturally I won't see a dime for all of this prepatory work.

But here's what bugs me the most: the department scheduled a meeting for Sunday, June 13 at 6:30pm. For those of you that know me, that is my birthday. It's bad enough that my Bday festivities will be limited by fact of a 7:00 start the next morning; but this means that I won't even be able to play during the afternoon. Major Suck on that.

Because my birthday is on a Sunday AND there is a meeting that night, I've come up with a list of possible activities that I could partake in to enjoy the anniversary of my birth:

1) Spend the afternoon watching the LIFETIME channel, eating Hagendas ice cream, and complaining about men.
2) Buy copies of Maxim and Cosmo, cut out the pictures of the models and glue them to popsicle sticks and stage my own puppet show for charity.
3) Shave off my eyebrows, then glue them onto my forehead about an inch and a half higher than they originally were. This way I could act surprised about everything!
4) Call everyone on my cellular phone's address book and ask if their refridgerator is running.
5) Build a painstakingly accurate model of downtown Tokyo, then stomp on it while yelling, "Godzilla is approaching."

If you have any other ideas, please feel free to contribute.



Keep rocking and rolling.

2 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Chuck and I think it could also be fun for you to let our 5-yr-old sister give you a manicure. Or you could write a sad, depressing half-hour-long song about how it rains in Manchester (that's Chuck's idea entirely). Or you could wear a mullet wig with some tight pants and run around Wal-mart yelling "The Britsh are coming!" in the spirit of 1980s day.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger patri said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, Mr. President, um ...
I mean Lee,
Happy Birthday to you.

(Let's just pretend that I am a platinum blonde in a sparkly dress, shall we?)

Love Ya! Patri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home